Langtang Valley Trek is also popularly known as the valley of glaciers trek on the journey to wilderness Himalayas making it one of the wildest trekking in Nepal. Langtang is one of the closest places from Kathmandu Valley where you could get to see huge snow-capped mountains and gorgeous glaciers. Langtang valley is located only 19 miles from Kathmandu on the north. Few hours of a drive from Kathmandu will take you to the beautiful Langtang region. The whole Langtang valley is surrounded by Mount Langtang Lirung (7246m) that offers pine forest, rugged rock, swift mountain streams and snow-capped peaks.
Though Langtang Valley Trek is very close to Kathmandu, the Langtang Region is as wild as any Tibetan highlands with the peaceful rural scenery. The starting point of the trekking will be Syabrubesi. From here we will follow the Langtang River to the east until we get to Kyanjin Gompa (3,880) with the overnight stay at one of the hotel here. Heading up a gentle slope, we pass along the dramatic ridges through local villages inhabited by Tibetans, Tamang and Sherpa people. Then we will come across the lush forest of Rhododendrons and oaks. Once we arrive the Langtang valley we will find flapping prayer flags in the main tracks, brightly painted shortens and Mani walls where yak herders welcome you to the land of these high mountain people. Langtang Lirung, Langshisa, Ganja la Peaks are the center of attraction that we can see during the trek to Langtang Valley trekking trip.
We will also visit the local yak cheese factory as well as the view of the glaciers, which is also a gateway to Tibet. Then we return back to Syabru village. There is another beautiful and popular trekking trial Langtang Gosainkunda trek on the optional of Langtang valley trek. This voyage takes you off the beaten track into the valley of a hardly untouched people. You will spend these 10 days in utmost joy and happiness with the team of Khumbu Icefall Treks and Expedition.
- Langtang Valley is a relatively short and accessible trekking destination with a fantastic Himalayan experience.
- Relish the beautiful spectacles of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, and Jugal Himal.
- Breathtaking climb to the vantage point of Tserko Ri at the elevation of 5033m.
- Explore the beautiful Tamang villages and get a more in-depth insight into their cultures and heritages.
- Opportunity to witness rare animals like the red panda, snow leopard, langur, and musk deer.
- Explore the ancient monastery of Kyanjin Gompa.